Back row – (Left to Right) – Matt Haggerty, Joseph Balkovec, Robert Bull, David Barbosa, Jonathan Breslin
Front Row – (Left to Right) – Steve Levant, Susan Clarke, Pat Clifford, Cristina Chitu, Jessica Kerr, Ann Wu
Not Pictured – Sharon Villani, Kimberley Aslett, Cheryl Kennedy, Carlos Costa, Colin Deschamps, Dwight Townsend, May Shie, Ryan Schwarz
Vice President, Finance, Technology & Innovation, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Information Officer
Rob Bull, Vice President, Finance, Technology and Innovation, Chief Financial Officer & Chief Information Officer
Rob Bull joined Southlake in June 2014 and is accountable for the hospital’s finance, technology, innovation and procurement portfolios. During his time at Southlake Rob has led the hospital’s strategy for working capital improvement, enabled a single hospital patient record for a catchment of over one million residents by partnering to create the “SHINE” tri-hospital health information system cluster, and helped to establish Southlake as a national leader in innovation and value-based procurement.
Rob has 20 years of experience delivering diverse and complex financial advisory, assurance, and risk management services to the public sector. Prior to joining Southlake, Rob held progressively senior roles in the Government of the United Kingdom, PricewaterhouseCoopers (UK and Canada) and Markham Stouffville Hospital.
Rob is a proven systems leader with a high commitment to supporting hospital operations through strategic and innovative partnerships. In addition to his role at Southlake, Rob sits on several Ministry of Health and Ontario Hospital Association advisory committees and is a sought-after speaker and advisor on topics as diverse as health system funding reform, value-based procurement, and digital health initiatives.
Rob is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario and a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. He holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree in Accounting and Finance from the University of Glamorgan. Rob is an active volunteer with the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario and the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC) Mentoring Partnership.
Director of Research & Innovation, CreateIT Now, Southlake Regional Health Centre
Patrick Clifford is currently the Director of Research and Innovation, at the Research Institute of Southlake Regional Health Centre in Newmarket Ontario and CreateIT Now the Southlake owned and operated on campus health innovation centre.
Patrick’s responsibilities include:
- Oversight of research operations and infrastructure (including the REB)
- Advancing innovation and commercialization activities along with culture building, through strategic collaborations with industry, academia, funders and other key partners.
Currently Patrick is charged with leading the development and implementation of Southlake’s research agenda and advancing the innovation and commercialization strategy which includes growing partnerships and collaborations with private sector ventures wishing to test and/or validate wide ranging health focused technologies with Southlake clinicians in an acute care, large community hospital environment. Patrick is also engaged in Southlake’s thrust in innovative, outcome based, procurement practices. Patrick brings 30 years of health care experience in acute care to his current role. He holds an MSW, a BA, BSW and BEd. and continues to practice as a clinician on a periodic basis in an emergency mental health setting.
- Ann Wu - Financial Assistant
- Carlos Costa - Coordinator Strategic Sourcing
- Cheryl Kennedy - Privacy Analyst
- Colin Deschamps - Finance Grant Writer
- Cristina Chitu - Research Ethics Assistant
- David Barbosa - Research Project Assistant
- Dwight Townsend - Health Ecosphere Project Manager
- Jessica Kerr - Event, Marketing and Communication Assistant
- Jonathan Breslin - Ethicist
- Joseph Balkovec - Senior Project Manager, Research and Innovation
- Kimberley Aslett - Professional Resources
- Matt Haggerty - Corporate Communications Specialist
- May Shie - Sourcing Specialist
- Ryan Schwarz - Network Analyst
- Sharon Villani - Research Ethics Board Admin
- Steve Levant - Sourcing Lead
- Susan Clarke - Communication Officer Health Ecosphere Project